WorldWind Roadmap 2018
Earlier this year, we created NASA WorldWind’s first roadmap, a place where users and developers alike can see what’s in
store for the Web platform. Checkout what we’ve been working on!
Please note this is a preliminary plan, so not all features may be included in our next release.
- Surface shape dragging interface for shape editors
- Web Coverage Service (WCS) initial public API and preparation
- Web Coverage Service (WCS) capabilities negotiation
- GeoTiff elevations support
- Multiple elevation sources
- Layer attribution enhancement
- Improved WebGL texture management with a high resolution canvas
- RenderableLayer opacity support (shapes inherit layer opacity)
- Surface shape rendering performance
- Surface shape editors
- Web Coverage Service (WCS) elevation sources
- Navigation interface enhancements
- OGC Web Service interface improvement
- Better navigation near the terrain
For detailed progress on these and other upcoming features, checkout our GitHub issues. You can also
see our current feature set in the Web WorldWind section of this site.
Please send questions to the NASA WorldWind Product Manager, Endia Irizarry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WorldWind Team