WorldWind Roadmap 2018: Q2
Last December, we released Web WorldWind 0.9.0,
giving the community a solid foundation for their applications. Since then, we’ve been working on bug fixes and new
features for the upcoming Web WorldWind 0.10.0 release.
Here’s a look at the WorldWind team’s progress since 0.9.0, and the progress toward our goals for 2018 Q2:
Please note this is a preliminary plan, so not all features may be included in our next release.
- Surface shape dragging interface for shape editors
- Web Coverage Service (WCS) initial public API and preparation
- Web Coverage Service (WCS) capabilities negotiation
- GeoTiff elevations support
- Multiple elevation sources
- Layer attribution enhancement
- Improved WebGL texture management with a high resolution canvas
- RenderableLayer opacity support (shapes inherit layer opacity)
- Surface shape editors
- Web Coverage Service (WCS) elevation sources
- Navigation interface enhancements
- Surface shape rendering performance
- OGC Web Service interface improvement
- Better navigation near the terrain
For detailed progress on these and other upcoming features, checkout our GitHub issues. You can also
see our current feature set in the Web WorldWind section of this site.
Please send questions to the NASA WorldWind Product Manager, Endia Irizarry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The WorldWind Team