Web World Wind
Develop a world-class World Wind application for the web. Setup instructions, developers guides, API documentation and more are available at worldwind.arc.nasa.gov. This GitHub repository contains the library source, examples and tutorials.
- worldwind.arc.nasa.gov has all things World Wind in one place
- Developer's Guide has a complete description of Web World Wind's functionality. You'll also find there links to many Web World Wind resources, including a user guide. The Web World Wind distribution provides many simple examples showing how to use all of Web World Wind's functionality.
- World Wind Forum provides help from the World Wind community
- GitHub Issues provides requirements and issue tracking
- WebStorm is used by the NASA World Wind development team
Here is a simple web app using Web World Wind. It is the contents of SimplestExample.html in the example collection. It displays an interactive virtual globe in an HTML canvas.
NASA WORLD WIND Copyright (C) 2001 United States Government as represented by the Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. All Rights Reserved. NASA OPEN SOURCE AGREEMENT VERSION 1.3 This open source agreement ("agreement") defines the rights of use, reproduction, distribution, modification and redistribution of certain computer software originally released by the United States Government as represented by the Government Agency listed below ("Government Agency"). The United States Government, as represented by Government Agency, is an intended third-party beneficiary of all subsequent distributions or redistributions of the subject software. Anyone who uses, reproduces, distributes, modifies or redistributes the subject software, as defined herein, or any part thereof, is, by that action, accepting in full the responsibilities and obligations contained in this agreement. Government Agency: National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Government Agency Original Software Designation: ARC-15166-1 Government Agency Original Software Title: NASA World Wind User Registration Requested. Please send email with your contact information to Patrick.Hogan@nasa.gov Government Agency Point of Contact for Original Software: Patrick.Hogan@nasa.gov You may obtain a full copy of the license at: https://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/LICENSE.html